Retail & E-Commerce Store Manager for PARKSHOP Londonderry - Edmonton
Retail & E Commerce Store Manager for PARKSHOP Londonderry
Managing both a physical and online shop successfully in operations, customer satisfaction and financial performance
Full Time - Salary
Edmonton AB – Londonderry Mall
PARK Executive Team
PARK is looking for a results driven retail store & e commerce operational manager to run both our Londonderry Mall location and online shop. The successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing customer experience and satisfaction, meeting sales and profitability goals, leading, managing and inspiring employees, executing marketing and in-store events, maintaining store appearance and merchandising standards, monitoring inventory control, and managing business systems.
Is a curated collection of trend pieces and Canadian fashion brands for contemporary, and young contemporary men and women. Through our events at PARK we have gathered a cult following of customers that are interested in investing in more Canadian designed, created and curated product. We are using this momentum within our community to fuel "PARKSHOP" - an online + brick and mortar location for contemporary Canadian goods. Our customer wants their style to be current, casual, comfortable, effortless, and on trend but not trendy. Our customer is confident and conscious of their fashion choices and is not interested in fast fashion.
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
Leadership & Staff Management
- Facilitate hiring and recruiting by actively attracting and attaining talent
- Assist with staffing decisions, including hiring, discipline, training, scheduling, assignment, and termination within designated area
- Creating and delivering employee schedules in a timely manner and managing / tracking employee time cards
- Responsible for managing payroll and ensuring all employees are paid correctly and on time
- Educating, coaching, mentoring, and inspiring all store associates based on their individual strengths, opportunities, and needs. This includes sharing product knowledge, wardrobing / fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Providing performance appraisals and working with employees to set goals to ensure growth and development
Marketing, Sales & In-Store Events
- Developing business strategies to raise customer pool, expand store traffic, and optimize profitability
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the staff and executive team
- Lead associates in consistently marketing the PARK brand initiatives to grow key selling metrics
- Maintain and communicate required information to enhance sales activities, including sell through, selling activities, and competitive and retail selling trends
- Ability to plan and execute in store events that build community, generate sales, and leave lasting impressions on customers
- Planning, generating, and posting interesting and on brand content for shop social media
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Actively work with garments, including processing, stocking, replenishing, folding, hanging, displaying and merchandising to maximize selling opportunities
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of the store
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining professional standards, having solid product knowledge, etc.
- Professionally handing and resolving all issues and customer complaints regarding in store and online purchases and experience
Store Management – In Store & Online
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits, etc. to PARK executive team
- Staying abreast of the business and competitive landscape, fashion trends, and key business drivers to strategically identify opportunities that will maximize sales and ensure financial goals are achieved
- Fulfilling and shipping online orders, assuring that all picked items are of highest quality, and that all orders are properly tagged and stored for easy retrieval and shipping
- Unload and receive deliveries, unpack merchandise, label merchandise with store tags, and update online inventory
- Effectively control proper storage and shipping of orders to eliminate damaged goods.
- Posting/displaying of the goods on shop social media and ensuring all shopping links are working
- Ability to operate POS system and accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash accountabilities at POS registers.
- Follow and execute safety and security routines for loss prevention and guarantee employee and customer safety
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of retail management experience, including direct supervisory experience, or comparable management role experience
- Experience in e-commerce is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Pages
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and upbeat shopping and working environment
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Strong merchandising skills with a creative eye for detail and extensive fashion knowledge
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for actions
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and prioritize effectively
- Ability to clearly communicating goals, information and expectations to staff
- Ability to plan and achieve long-and-short term goals
- Computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Must be tech savvy and comfortable operating and troubleshooting POS and online retail systems
Candidates will go through multiple interviews including the below skills challenge to demonstrate creative thinking, problem solving abilities and basic skills that will be required in the PARKSHOP Retail and E-Commerce Store Manager role.
Please email all inquiries to email@example.com, and include the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Resume and Cover Letter (pdf format)
- Please use the subject line "Career Position - Store Manager - Edmonton"
PARKSHOP Store Manager Challenge
Please follow the below link to complete the second part of the application process: